Soon the fun, lazy days of summer will end, and it will be time to return to school. For many students and teachers, heading back to the classroom can be stressful.
As a result of the pandemic and ongoing supply chain issues, the cost of classroom supplies has risen dramatically. This makes it even more difficult for many parents to send their children to school with the tools and materials on their classroom supply lists.
According to AdoptAClassroom.org, 80% of teachers said students’ families have a harder time paying for school supplies. Teachers have been struggling as well. According to a 2021 survey, teachers spend on average $750 a year of their own money on school supplies.
Now more than ever, teachers need our help to support their students’ educational needs and make this school year the best yet!
As we enter the new school year, we’re excited to announce our partnership with AdoptAClassroom.org, a national nonprofit with the mission to advance equity in education.
What is AdoptAClassroom.org?
AdoptAClassroom.org believes every child deserves the tools and materials they need to learn and succeed in school. The national, tech-based nonprofit connects donors and sponsors with PreK-12 teachers and schools to help equip more classrooms and students with school supplies.
Since 1998, AdoptAClassroom.org has raised $57 million and supported more than 5.8 million students across the U.S. The 501(c)(3) holds the highest 4-star rating from Charity Navigator and the highest transparency rating offered by GuideStar.
AdoptAClassroom.org also offers grants for teachers called Spotlight Funds. Spotlight Funds support school subjects or other areas of great need, such as:
● The Arts
● COVID-19 Relief
● Inclusive Classrooms
● Indigenous Language
● Natural Disaster Relief
● Racial Equity in Schools
● STEM Education
Support AdoptAClassroom.org with Your Everyday Spending
Another way to contribute to AdoptAClassroom.org’s mission is with the Flare Account® Charity Debit Cards.1
When you choose the Flare Account AdoptAClassroom.org Debit Card2 and make purchases with your new debit card, you can help support AdoptAClassroom.org’s mission to advance equity in education.2
It’s never been simpler to support the communities that may not have easy access to the learning tools and resources they need.
How to Get a Card
1. Apply for a Flare Account3 at www.flareaccount.com.
2. Choose the AdoptAClassroom.org Debit Card in the application.
3. Spend as usual! ACE Cash Express donates to AdoptAClassroom.org based on how much you spend.2
There’s no additional cost to donate and no extra work required. Just spend using the card and feel good knowing you’re contributing to a great cause.
Already Have a Flare Account?
You can switch from a classic debit card to a charity debit card in just a few clicks!
1. Log in to the Flare Account Mobile App4 or Online Account Center.
2. Navigate to “Account” and select “Card Settings.”
3. Select “Order Another Debit Card”5 and choose the charity debit card of your choice in the “Standard” card options.
Note: A fee of $3.95 applies when you order an additional card, or replace your current card with another card order.5
Ready to make a difference?
Apply for a Flare Account3 and choose the AdoptAClassroom.org debit card. We hope you’ll join us in supporting teachers and students! Our collective efforts can truly make a difference.
- ACE Cash Express donates $0.05 for each $100.00 in debit card purchase transactions (net of refunds and chargebacks) made with a debit card branded with your chosen charity: Homes For Our Troops, Inc., Humane Society of the United States, National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc., and AdoptAClassroom.org. ACE Cash Express will donate to Homes For Our Troops, Inc. up to $150,000 per year, after taking into account donations generated through Flare Account transactions and other debit card programs associated with ACE Cash Express. ACE Cash Express and Netspend will donate to National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc., up to $350,000 per year, after taking into account donations generated through Flare Account transactions and other debit card programs associated with ACE Cash Express. Each of the foregoing beneficiaries is a 501(c)(3) corporation. Pathward, National Association, Netspend®, and Visa® do not endorse or sponsor these offers.
- ACE Cash Express donates $0.05 for each $100.00 in debit card purchase transactions (net of refunds and chargebacks) made with a AdoptAClassroom.org branded debit card associated with a Flare Account to AdoptAClassroom.org, a 501(c)(3) organization. Pathward, National Association, Netspend®, and Visa® do not endorse or sponsor this offer.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A NEW DEPOSIT ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open an Account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, and government ID number. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other documents at any time. All Accounts are opened subject to our ability to verify your identity by requiring acceptable types of identification. We may validate the information you provide to us to ensure we have a reasonable belief of your identity. If we are not able to verify your identity to our satisfaction, we will not open your Account or we may close the Account if it was previously funded. Your Account is subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice.
- No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
- There is a $3.95 fee charged for an additional card and for the replacement of a lost, stolen, or damaged card. Please see the Deposit Account Agreement or Online Account Center for details.
The Flare Account® is a deposit account established by Pathward, National Association, Member FDIC. Netspend is a service provider to Pathward, N.A. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787.
© 2022 Netspend Corporation. All rights reserved worldwide. Netspend is the federally registered U.S. service mark of Netspend Corporation. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their owners.