Open a Flare Account® & follow three steps to receive $100 credit.
Account opening is subject to ID verification.2
1. This offer is non-transferable. Offer not available to existing holders of the Flare Account. To qualify for this offer, you must open a new Flare Account using the link provided on this page between 12/14/2021 and 7/31/2022, set up and receive qualifying direct deposit(s) (payroll or government benefits) within 90 days of account opening, totaling $500 or more per month, maintain direct deposit for 3 consecutive months and complete 5 merchant purchase transactions per month for 3 consecutive months. You must maintain a Flare Account to earn the reward, and the reward will be credited to your Flare Account within 10 business days of meeting the qualifications. Offer subject to tax reporting. Limited to one reward per customer and may not be combined with other offers to open an account.
Deposit account opening is subject to registration and ID verification. Terms & costs apply. Issued by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC. The Flare Account®, National Association, Member FDIC. Netspend is a service provider to Pathward, N.A. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787. Pathward, N.A. and Visa are not affiliated in any way with this optional offer and do not endorse or sponsor this offer.
2. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A NEW DEPOSIT ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open an Account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, and government ID number. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other documents at any time. All Accounts are opened subject to our ability to verify your identity by requiring acceptable types of identification. We may validate the information you provide to us to ensure we have a reasonable belief of your identity. If we are not able to verify your identity to our satisfaction, we will not open your Account or we may close the Account if it was previously funded. Your Account is subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice.
3. Faster funding claim is based on a comparison of the Pathward, National Association, policy of making funds available upon receipt of payment instruction versus the typical banking practice of posting funds at settlement. Fraud prevention restrictions may delay availability of funds with or without notice. Early availability of funds requires payor’s support of direct deposit and is subject to the timing of payor’s payment instruction.
4. Make up to $400 in fee-free cash withdrawals per day from your Flare Account by using your debit card at participating ACE Cash Express locations. $400 total is calculated based on all withdrawals performed at all ACE Cash Express locations visited in a day. A direct deposit (no dollar minimum) to the account within the immediately preceding thirty-five (35) days is required. See store for details. Although this feature is available at no additional charge with qualifying direct deposit, certain other transaction fees and costs, terms, and conditions are associated with the use of this Account. Offer subject to change. This optional offer is not a Pathward, N.A., or Visa offer nor does Pathward, N.A., or Visa endorse this offer.
5. The optional Savings Account linked to your Flare Account is made available to Accountholders through Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC. To open a Savings Account, consent to receive communications from us in electronic form is required. Interest is calculated on the Average Daily Balance(s) of the Savings Account and is paid quarterly.
• If the Average Daily Balance is $2,000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 5.87% with an annual percentage yield (APY) of 6.00%.
• If the Average Daily Balance is more than $2,000.00, the interest rate paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which exceeds $2,000.00 will be 0.49% with an APY of 0.50%, and the interest paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which is $2,000.00 or less will be 5.87%. The APY for this tier will range from 6.00% to 0.60%, depending on the balance in the Account.
The interest rates and APYs of each tier may change. The APYs were accurate as of 6/1/2022. No minimum balance to open Savings Account or obtain the yield(s). However, you must receive direct deposit(s) totaling at least $500 within one (1) calendar month to be eligible to open a Savings Account. Savings Account funds are withdrawn through the Flare Account (maximum 6 such transfers per calendar month) and transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Savings Account. Funds on deposit are FDIC insured through Pathward, N.A. For purposes of FDIC coverage, all funds held on deposit by you at Pathward, N.A. will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
6. No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
7. The Debit Card Overdraft Service is an optional service made available to eligible Flare Account customers by Pathward, National Association. Once you enroll and meet the eligibility requirements, you will be charged $20.00 for each transaction that overdraws your account by more than $10.00, up to a maximum of five (5) fees per calendar month. To avoid that fee, you have twenty-four (24) hours from the time of the first transaction that creates the overdraft to bring your Account back to a zero ($0.00) or a positive balance. Transactions subject to an overdraft fee are signature and PIN purchase transactions and ATM transactions. ACH Debit transactions are not eligible for coverage. Any negative balance must be repaid within thirty (30) days. Whether we authorize an overdraft is discretionary, and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically will not pay overdrafts if you fail to meet the eligibility requirements for this service or you attempt too many transactions or transactions that create too large of an overdraft. Call us at 866-753-6355 or log in to your Online Account Center for additional terms and conditions that apply, including initial and ongoing eligibility requirements for the service. This service is expensive, so we encourage you to research alternatives before enrolling. Once enrolled, you may opt-out at any time; however, you are responsible to repay any overdrawn amounts on your account even if you opt-out of the service.
8. The interest rate on your Account is variable and we may change the rate on your Account at any time. The current interest rate on your Account is 0.01% with an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 0.01%. APY was accurate as of 6/1/2022. No minimum balance is required to open and maintain a Flare Account or to obtain the disclosed APY. Transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Account. The Flare Account is established by Pathward, National Association, Member FDIC. Funds on deposit are FDIC insured through Pathward, National Association. For purposes of FDIC coverage, all funds held on deposit by you at Pathward, National Association, will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
9. Payback Rewards is an optional program. You may opt-out at any time by visiting the Payback Rewards page in your Online Account Center. Reward offers are based on individual shopping habits. Cash back rewards are credited to your Account and are not available in the form of a check or other direct payment method. See the program FAQs and Terms and Conditions in your Online Account Center for additional details about how and when you get rewarded. Program sponsor: Netspend Corporation. Pathward, National Association, is not affiliated in any way with this program and does not endorse or sponsor this program.
The Flare Account® is a deposit account established by Pathward, National Association, Member FDIC. Netspend is a service provider to Pathward, N.A. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787.