A Bank Account Full of Features
Avoid Check Cashing Fees and Long Lines
Direct Deposit ensures your payroll or government benefits are in your account when you need them. Plus, qualifying Direct Deposit activity unlocks many of the Flare Account’s features.
Get Paid up to 2 Days Faster3 with Direct Deposit
Your new payday could be as early as Wednesday, based on a Friday payday. Enroll in Direct Deposit for your payroll or government benefits and get paid up to 2 days faster.3
No-Fee4 Cash Withdrawals
Withdraw up to $400 in cash per day without a fee at a participating ACE Cash Express location near you.4 Qualifying Direct Deposit required.
High-Yield Savings Account5
Earn up to a competitive 6.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) with the optional Savings Account.5 Qualifying Direct Deposit required.
Get the details on account transactions and more with Anytime Alerts.6 After you enroll, you can send and receive texts about your balance, purchase history, and more.
Optional Debit Card Overdraft Service7
Optional. Separate opt-in and eligibility requirements apply.
Earn Interest on Your Core Flare Account8
An account that earns interest? You bet! Earn 0.01% APY on funds in your Flare Account.
Convenient Money Management
Download the Mobile Banking App.6
Manage your money wherever you go with the ACE Flare™ Account by MetaBank® Mobile App.Download
Use Anytime Alerts™6
Send and receive text messages about your account activity with Anytime Alerts.TM6Enroll Now
Download the Mobile App6
Get the App
Account Management in Your Hands
Stay on top of your account activity and balance with just a few taps. The ACE Flare™ Account by MetaBank® Mobile App6 gives you the ultimate control of your money on-the-go.
Send money to friends and family who have the app using FlashPay ID11, add check funds via Mobile Check Capture12, manage Payback Rewards℠ 9 offers, and manage your Direct Deposit – all in one place.
Online Banking Designed for You
At Your Fingertips
When Money is Top of Mind
From the ACE FlareTM Mobile App6 to the Online Account Center, account management has never been more streamlined. Stay on top of what matters with convenient options at your fingertips.
Have Questions about the Flare Account?
How do I open a Flare Account?
Start an application online now!2 Once we verify your identity, we’ll send you a card in the mail. You can also visit an ACE Cash Express store to apply in person.
When will I get my debit card?
In most cases, your new card takes 7-10 business days to arrive. Check your mailbox for an envelope from ACE Flare Account by MetaBank. If you don’t receive it within the 7-10-day period, give us a call at 866-753-6355.
How do I add money to my Account?
There are many ways to add money to your Flare Account! You can enroll in Direct Deposit for your paycheck or government benefits, add money at an ACE store, set up a bank transfer from a checking or savings account, or direct deposit your tax refund. Fees may apply.
How can I find the closest ACE Cash Express store?
Use our Store Locator to find a store near you!
Should I get my tax refund with Direct Deposit?
When you Direct Deposit your tax refund amount to your Flare Account, you could receive funds faster than a paper check1 so there’s no risk of a paper check getting lost or stolen, and it’s safer than carrying cash. The money held in your Flare Account is FDIC-insured through the MetaBank, National Association.13
Find us on social media
Get in Touch
1. Faster access claim is based on comparison of a disbursement via direct deposit vs. disbursement via a mailed paper check. For up-to-date information from the IRS, visit www.irs.gov/refunds.
2. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A NEW DEPOSIT ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open an Account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, and government ID number. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other documents at any time. All Accounts are opened subject to our ability to verify your identity by requiring acceptable types of identification. We may validate the information you provide to us to ensure we have a reasonable belief of your identity. If we are not able to verify your identity to our satisfaction, we will not open your Account or we may close the Account if it was previously funded. Your Account is subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice.
3. Faster funding claim is based on a comparison of the MetaBank®, National Association, policy of making funds available upon receipt of payment instruction versus the typical banking practice of posting funds at settlement. Fraud prevention restrictions may delay availability of funds with or without notice. Early availability of funds requires payor’s support of direct deposit and is subject to the timing of payor’s payment instruction.
4. Make up to $400 in fee-free cash withdrawals per day from your ACE Flare Account by MetaBank by using your debit card at participating ACE Cash Express locations. $400 total is calculated based on all withdrawals performed at all ACE Cash Express locations visited in a day. A direct deposit (no dollar minimum) to the account within the immediately preceding thirty-five (35) days is required. See store for details. Although this feature is available at no additional charge with qualifying direct deposit, certain other transaction fees and costs, terms, and conditions are associated with the use of this Card. Offer subject to change. This optional offer is not a MetaBank, N.A., or Visa offer nor does MetaBank, N.A., or Visa endorse this offer.
5. The optional Savings Account linked to your Flare Account is made available to Accountholders through MetaBank, National Association, Member FDIC. To open a Savings Account, consent to receive communications from us in electronic form is required. Interest is calculated on the Average Daily Balance(s) of the Savings Account and is paid quarterly.
• If the Average Daily Balance is $2,000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 5.87% with an annual percentage yield (APY) of 6.00%.
• If the Average Daily Balance is more than $2,000.00, the interest rate paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which exceeds $2,000.00 will be 0.49% with an APY of 0.50%, and the interest paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which is $2,000.00 or less will be 5.87%. The APY for this tier will range from 6.00% to 0.60%, depending on the balance in the Account.
The interest rates and APYs of each tier may change. The APYs were accurate as of 11/1/2020. No minimum balance is required to open Savings Account or obtain the yield(s). However, you must receive direct deposit(s) totaling at least $500 within one (1) calendar month to be eligible to open a Savings Account. Savings Account funds are withdrawn through the Flare Account (maximum 6 such transfers per calendar month) and transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Savings Account. Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured through MetaBank, National Association, Member FDIC. For purposes of FDIC coverage limit, all funds held on deposit by the accountholder at MetaBank, National Association, will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
6. No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
7. The Debit Card Overdraft Service is an optional service made available to eligible Flare Account customers by MetaBank, National Association. Once you enroll and meet the eligibility requirements, you will be charged $20.00 for each transaction that overdraws your account by more than $10.00, up to a maximum of five (5) fees per calendar month. To avoid that fee, you have twenty-four (24) hours from the time of the first transaction that creates the overdraft to bring your Account back to a zero ($0.00) or a positive balance. Transactions subject to an overdraft fee are signature and PIN purchase transactions and ATM transactions. ACH Debit transactions are not eligible for coverage. Any negative balance must be repaid within thirty (30) days. Whether we authorize an overdraft is discretionary, and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically will not pay overdrafts if you fail to meet the eligibility requirements for this service or you attempt too many transactions or transactions that create too large of an overdraft. Call us at 866-753-6355 or log in to your Online Account Center for additional terms and conditions that apply, including initial and ongoing eligibility requirements for the service. This service is expensive, so we encourage you to research alternatives before enrolling. Once enrolled, you may opt-out at any time; however, you are responsible to repay any overdrawn amounts on your account even if you opt-out of the service.
8. The interest rate on your Account is variable and we may change the rate on your Account at any time. The current interest rate on your Account is 0.01% with an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 0.01%. APY was accurate as of 11/1/2020. No minimum balance is required to open and maintain a Flare Account or to obtain the disclosed APY. Transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Account. The ACE Flare Account by MetaBank is established by MetaBank, National Association, Member FDIC. Funds on deposit are FDIC insured through MetaBank, National Association. For purposes of FDIC coverage, all funds held on deposit by you at MetaBank, National Association, will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
9. Payback Rewards is an optional program. You may opt-out at any time by visiting the Payback Rewards page in your Online Account Center. Reward offers are based on individual shopping habits. Cash back rewards are credited to your Account and are not available in the form of a check or other direct payment method. See the program FAQs and Terms and Conditions in your Online Account Center for additional details about how and when you get rewarded. Program sponsor: Netspend Corporation. MetaBank, National Association, is not affiliated in any way with this program and does not endorse or sponsor this program.
10. The Netspend Network is provided by Netspend Corporation and its authorized agents. Netspend is a licensed provider of money transfer services (NMLS ID: 932678). Netspend’s licenses and related information may be found at www.netspend.com/licenses. Fees, limits, and other restrictions may be imposed by Netspend and other third parties in connection with use of the Netspend Network.
11. No Account-to-Account Transfer Fee when completed online. A $4.95 Account-to-Account Transfer Fee applies via a Customer Service Agent. Other transaction fees, costs and terms and conditions may apply. Use of card is also subject to funds availability. See Cardholder Agreement for details.
13. Upon successful activation and registration of the Account, funds on deposit at MetaBank National Association, Member FDIC, are insured up to the standard maximum deposit insurance limit. Coverage limit is subject to aggregation of all of Accountholder’s funds held on deposit at MetaBank National Association.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
The ACE Flare™ Account is established by MetaBank®, National Association, Member FDIC. Netspend is a service provider to MetaBank, N.A. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787.
© 2020 Netspend Corporation. All rights reserved worldwide. Netspend is the federally registered U.S. service mark of Netspend Corporation. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their owners.