What Can the Flare Account Do for You?
Avoid Check Cashing Lines and Fees
Direct Deposit ensures your payroll or government benefits are in your account when you need them. Plus, qualifying Direct Deposit activity unlocks many of the Flare Account’s features.
Get Paid up to 2 Days Faster2
Your new payday could be as early as Wednesday. Enroll in Direct Deposit for your payroll or government benefits and get paid up to 2 days faster.2 Based on a Friday payday.
No-Fee³ Cash Withdrawals
Withdraw up to $400 in cash per day without a fee at a participating ACE Cash Express location near you.3 Qualifying Direct Deposit required.
High-Yield Savings Account4
Earn up to a competitive 6.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) with the optional Savings Account.4 Qualifying Direct Deposit required.
Anytime AlertsTM 5
Get the details on account transactions and more with Anytime Alerts.5 After you enroll, you can send and receive texts about your balance, purchase history, account and routing numbers, and more.
Optional Debit Card Overdraft Service6
Optional. Separate opt-in and eligibility requirements apply.
Earn Interest on Your Account7
An account that earns interest? You bet! Earn 0.01% APY on funds in your Flare Account.
Convenient Money Management
Download the Mobile Banking App.⁵
Manage your money wherever you go with the ACE Flare™ Account by MetaBank® Mobile App.Download
Use Anytime Alerts™ ⁵
Send and receive text messages about your account activity with Anytime Alerts.TM 5Enroll Now
Download the Mobile App5
Get the App
Account Management in Your Hands
Stay on top of your account activity and balance with just a few taps. The ACE Flare™ Account by MetaBank® Mobile App gives you the ultimate control of your money on-the-go.
Send money to friends and family who have the app using FlashPay ID10, deposit check funds,11 manage Payback Rewards℠ 8 offers, and manage your Direct Deposit – all in one place.
Online Banking Designed for You
At Your Fingertips
When Money is Top of Mind
From the ACE FlareTM mobile app5 to the Online Account Center, account management has never been more streamlined. Stay on top of what matters with convenient options at your fingertips.
Have Questions about the Flare Account?
How do I open a Flare Account?
Start an application online now!1 Once we verify your identity, we’ll send you a card in the mail. You can also visit an ACE Cash Express store to apply in person.
When will I get my debit card?
In most cases, your new card takes 7-10 business days to arrive. Check your mailbox for an envelope from ACE Flare Account by MetaBank. If you don’t receive it within the 7-10-day period, give us a call at 866-753-6355.
How do I add money to my Account?
There are many ways to add money to your Flare Account! You can enroll in Direct Deposit for your paycheck or government benefits, add money at an ACE store, set up a bank transfer from a checking or savings account, or direct deposit your tax refund. Fees may apply.
How can I find the closest ACE Cash Express store?
Use our Store Locator to find a store near you!
Find us on social media
Get in Touch
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A NEW DEPOSIT ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open an Account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, and government ID number. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other documents at any time. All Accounts are opened subject to our ability to verify your identity by requiring acceptable types of identification. We may validate the information you provide to us to ensure we have a reasonable belief of your identity. If we are not able to verify your identity to our satisfaction, we will not open your Account or we may close the Account if it was previously funded. Your Account is subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice.
2. Faster funding claim is based on a comparison of MetaBank's policy of making funds available upon receipt of payment instruction versus the typical banking practice of posting funds at settlement. Fraud prevention restrictions may delay availability of funds with or without notice. Early availability of funds requires payor’s support of direct deposit and is subject to the timing of payor’s payment instruction.
3. Make up to $400 in fee-free cash withdrawals per day from your ACE Flare Account by MetaBank by using your debit card at participating ACE Cash Express locations. $400 total is calculated based on all withdrawals performed at all ACE Cash Express locations visited in a day. A direct deposit (no dollar minimum) made to the account within the immediately preceding 35 days is required. See store for details. Offer subject to change.
4. The optional Savings Account linked to your Flare Account is made available to Accountholders through MetaBank, Member FDIC. To open a Savings Account, consent to receive communications from us in electronic form is required. Interest is calculated on the Average Daily Balance(s) of the Savings Account and is paid quarterly.
• If the Average Daily Balance is $2,000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 5.87% with an annual percentage yield (APY) of 6.00%.
• If the Average Daily Balance is more than $2,000.00, the interest rate paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which exceeds $2,000.00 will be 0.49% with an APY of 0.50%, and the interest paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which is $2,000.00 or less will be 5.87%. The APY for this tier will range from 6.00% to 0.60%, depending on the balance in the Account.
The interest rates and APYs of each tier may change. The APYs were accurate as of 1/1/2020. No minimum balance is required to open Savings Account or obtain the yield(s). However, you must receive direct deposit(s) totaling at least $500 within one (1) calendar month to be eligible to open a Savings Account. Savings Account funds are withdrawn through the Flare Account (maximum 6 such transfers per calendar month) and transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Savings Account. Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured through MetaBank, Member FDIC. For purposes of FDIC coverage limit, all funds held on deposit by the accountholder at MetaBank will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
5. No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
6. The Debit Card Overdraft Service is an optional service made available to eligible Flare Account customers by MetaBank. Once you enroll and meet the eligibility requirements, you will be charged $20.00 for each transaction that overdraws your account by more than $10.00, up to a maximum of five (5) fees per calendar month. To avoid that fee, you have twenty-four (24) hours from the time of the first transaction that creates the overdraft to bring your Account back to a zero ($0.00) or a positive balance. Transactions subject to an overdraft fee are signature and PIN purchase transactions and ATM transactions. ACH Debit transactions are not eligible for coverage. Any negative balance must be repaid within thirty (30) days. Whether we authorize an overdraft is discretionary, and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically will not pay overdrafts if you fail to meet the eligibility requirements for this service or you attempt too many transactions or transactions that create too large of an overdraft. Call us at 866-753-6355 or log in to your Online Account Center for additional terms and conditions that apply, including initial and ongoing eligibility requirements for the service. This service is expensive, so we encourage you to research alternatives before enrolling. Once enrolled, you may opt-out at any time; however, you are responsible to repay any overdrawn amounts on your account even if you opt-out of the service.
7. The interest rate on your Account is variable and we may change the rate on your Account at any time. The current interest rate on your Account is 0.01% with an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 0.01%. APY was accurate as of 1/1/2020. No minimum balance is required to open and maintain a Flare Account or to obtain the disclosed APY. Transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Account. The ACE Flare Account is established by MetaBank, Member FDIC. Funds on deposit are FDIC insured through MetaBank. For purposes of FDIC coverage, all funds held on deposit by you at MetaBank will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
8. Payback Rewards is an optional program. You may opt-out at any time by visiting the Payback Rewards page in your Online Account Center. Reward offers are based on individual shopping habits. Cash back rewards are credited to your Account and are not available in the form of a check or other direct payment method. See the program FAQs and Terms and Conditions in your Online Account Center for additional details about how and when you get rewarded. Program sponsor: Netspend Corporation. MetaBank is not affiliated in any way with this program and do not endorse or sponsor this program.
9. Fee may be assessed by third party transfer location and may vary from location to location.
10. No Account-to-Account Transfer Fee when completed online. A $4.95 Account-to-Account Transfer Fee applies via a Customer Service Agent. Other transaction fees, costs and terms and conditions may apply. Use of card is also subject to funds availability. See Cardholder Agreement for details.
The ACE Flare Account is established by MetaBank, Member FDIC. Netspend, a Global Payments Company, is a service provider to MetaBank. Netspend, a Global Payments Company, is an authorized Independent Sales Organization of MetaBank. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787.
© 2020 Global Payments Company. All rights reserved worldwide. Global Payments Company and Netspend are federally registered U.S. service marks of Global Payments Company. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their owners.