How do I open a Flare Account?
Start an application online now!1 Once we verify your identity, we’ll send you a card in the mail. You can also visit an ACE Cash Express store to apply in person.
When will I get my debit card?
In most cases, your new card takes 7-10 business days to arrive. Check your mailbox for an envelope from ACE Flare Account by MetaBank. If you don’t receive it within the 7-10-day period, give us a call at 866-753-6355.
Why should I use Direct Deposit with the Flare Account?
When you choose to direct deposit your paycheck or government benefits, you’ll receive access to many of the Flare Account’s best features! Your qualifying direct deposit activity gives you the ability to get paid up to 2 days faster2, take advantage of no-fee3 cash withdrawals up to $400 per day, open an Optional high yield Savings Account4, opt-in to Optional Debit Card Overdraft service5 and more.
How do I add money to my Account?
There are many ways to add money to your Flare Account! You can enroll in Direct Deposit for your paycheck or government benefits, add money at an ACE store, set up a bank transfer from a checking or savings account, or direct deposit your tax refund. Fees may apply.
How can I find the closest ACE Cash Express store?
Use our Store Locator to find a store near you!
How do I get paid up to two days faster?2
You can enroll in direct deposit with your Flare Account to get paid up to 2 days faster!2 Find your Routing Number and Account Number in the Online Account Portal.
What can I use my Flare Account debit card for?
You can use your Flare Account debit card for all your regular everyday purchases. Pay bills, buy groceries, shop online, pay for gas … the options are endless! You can use your Flare Account debit card wherever Visa® debit cards are accepted.
What’s the difference between prepaid cards and a Flare Account?
The Flare Account is a bank account and provides the benefits offered by a prepaid card, with extra benefits you’ll really love. Want to know more? Compare the Flare Account with the ACE Elite Visa Prepaid Debit Card.
I already have an ACE Elite™ Visa® Prepaid Debit Card. Why should I upgrade to a Flare Account?
Great question. The ACE Elite Visa Prepaid Debit Card is a convenient option for managing your money. The Flare Account offers even more benefits to fit your lifestyle and your money management needs. Compare the Flare Account with the ACE Elite Visa Prepaid Debit Card.
How do I withdraw cash?
You can withdraw at an ATM, just like a regular bank debit card. If you withdraw at a participating ACE Cash Express location, you can skip the fees and withdraw up to $400 a day, when you have qualifying Direct Deposit activity.3
How can I earn interest on my Optional Savings Account?
When you have qualifying monthly Direct Deposit, you may set up an optional Flare Account Savings Account, and you can start earning up to 6.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY).4 That means that the money you have in your Savings Account can earn money just for being there. Your actual APY will vary based on qualifying factors, including Average Daily Balance.
What does qualifying direct deposit mean?
When you have direct deposit activity to your Account, you gain access to more of the Flare Account’s powerful features, including getting paid up to 2 days faster.2 With a direct deposit of $500 or more, you can be eligible to open an optional Savings Account with up to 6.00% APY.4
What if my optional Savings Account has a higher Average Daily Balance than $2,000?
You’ll earn up to 6.00% APY on your $2,000 Average Daily Balance. Then, for the dollar amount over $2,000, you will earn 0.50% APY.4
Can I create a custom card design?
Yes! For an additional fee of $4.95, you can choose from one of more than a dozen premium card designs.6 You can view custom card6 options through the Online Account Center or via the Mobile App7.
Is there a fee to get a Flare Account debit card?
There’s no fee to apply for a Flare Account online.1 In store, you’ll pay at $3.00 processing fee to open an account.
You can choose from 1 of 4 fun card designs6 to get started! You can also choose to upgrade your card to an awesome custom or premium design for a $4.95 fee. For more details about rates and fees for the Flare Account, see the Rates page.
How do I set up Direct Deposit for my Flare Account?
Grab your Routing Number and Account Number for your Flare Account in the Online Account Center or via text message with Anytime Alerts.7 Provide this information to your employer or benefits provider to enroll in direct deposit. You can use your Routing Number and Account Number to enroll in direct deposit on your tax refunds, too!
How do I earn Payback RewardsSM8 ?
Payback Rewards is activated with your new account!8 Visit your Rewards page when you log in through the Online Account Center or via the Mobile App7 to see your offers. Click to activate offers you want, and then use your card at those retailers to redeem your offers. Your rewards will be credited to your Account at the end of the following month.
Is there a Flare Account app7 ?
What is a Flare Account Virtual Card?
The Flare Account Virtual Card offers an additional level of protection when you make online purchases. When you use this feature, a temporary card number will be generated that you can use to make a purchase online. The card number expires in 24 hours. Your purchase goes through as normal, but the card number tied to your Account stays hidden from digital thieves and fraudsters.
How do I send money with the Flare Account?
Every account is associated with a FlashPay ID. You can quickly send money to almost anyone if they also have a FlashPay ID9 from the app.7 When you send money, we notify the recipient that money is waiting for them. You can choose 1 of 3 ways to send money:
Visit the Online Account Center to get started. Select the “Move Money” dropdown on the navigation page, then click “Move Money.” Select your recipient from your contacts and enter the amount to send. Click “Continue” and then verify the information. The money will be sent once you verify the information is correct.
2. Mobile App7
In the ACE Flare Mobile App7, open the navigation tray on the left-hand side. Select the “Move Money” dropdown and then select “Send Money.” Select the recipient from your contacts and enter the amount to send, as well as an optional note. Click “Continue” and then verify the information. The money will be sent once you verify the information is correct.
3. Customer Service
You can also contact Customer Service at 1-866-753-6355. A transfer can be initiated by phone for a fee.
What is FlashPay ID?
Every Flare Account has a FlashPay ID. It’s simply a number that you can safely share with other people so that they can send money to you!9
How much does it cost to send money from my Flare Account to another Flare Account holder?
There are no fees associated with sending money online to an existing Flare Accountholder9. You can also send money to ACE EliteTM Visa® Prepaid Debit Card holders using FlashPayID! If you need to contact a customer service agent to have them send money for you, the fee will be $4.95. Check your fee plan for more details.
My direct deposit hasn’t posted. When will I get my money?
We’re sorry to hear your direct deposit hasn’t yet gone through. You can contact Customer Service for assistance: 1-866-753-6355.
When will my direct deposit begin?
Once you have given your account information to your payor, it may take up to two payment cycles for direct deposit to start. Please check with your payor to find out the specific timing of your payments. Please ensure your Flare Account is activated and in good standing, and the deposit is in the name of the accountholder.
How do I deposit my tax refund into my Flare Account?
Bring your Routing Number and Account Number to your tax preparer, or if you’re filing your own taxes, add your numbers in the designated sections. When you have your tax refund direct deposited to your Flare Account, you don’t have to wait for a paper check. That means you’ll get your refund faster.10
What is the Pink ACE FlareTM Account by MetaBank® Visa® Debit Card11?
The Pink ACE Flare™ Account by MetaBank® Visa® Debit Card allows you to support the fight against breast cancer with your swipe! A portion of your purchase is donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF).11 Learn more here.
How do I open an Optional Savings Account4?
If you have a Flare Account, you can open an Optional Savings Account4 by making a direct deposit of at least $500 within one calendar month. There’s no minimum balance required to open a Savings Account4, or obtain the yield.
Can I pay bills with my account?
Yes! Use your Flare Account debit card the way you would a regular debit card. Pay rent, car payments, cable, internet, phone, and other bills with your new Flare Account debit card. You can set up online bill pay through your service provider.
Does the Flare Account support any charities?
Yes! With our Pink ACE FlareTM Account by MetaBank® Visa® Debit Card, ACE Cash Express and Netspend donate a portion of every purchase to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) fight against breast cancer.11
What do I do if I suspect my Account has been compromised?
The security of your Account is important to us. If you ever notice something that doesn’t seem right, please call 1-866-753-6355 as soon as possible so we can look into the issue.
If I already have my check, where can I go to transfer it into my Flare Account?
You can add check funds to your Account using Mobile Check Load12 on your ACE FlareTM app, or visit an ACE Cash Express location to add funds.
Is there a monthly fee with the Flare Account?
The standard monthly service fee for the Flare Account is $9.95. If you have qualifying direct deposits totaling at least $500.00 in one calendar month, the monthly fee is lowered to $5.00.13
What is Annual Percentage Yield, exactly?
APY or Annual Percentage Yield is the total amount of interest paid on an Account, based on the interest rate and the frequency of compounding for a 365-day period (366-day period in a leap year), and is expressed as a percentage.
No Fees to Open a Flare Account Online
Don’t have a Flare Account? There are no fees or minimum balance required to apply online. Already have an Account? Once you establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of $500 in a calendar month, you’ll pay no fees to open a Savings Account with us, with no minimum balance required.
What’s a Purchase Cushion?14
If you’re ever caught short on your Flare Account balance, you may be covered up to $10 with the Purchase Cushion14 feature. The negative balance will be repaid when money is added to your account (say, when the Direct Deposit of your paycheck goes through). You’ll need qualifying Direct Deposit activity to use this feature.
Helpful Ways to Manage Your Money
Enroll in Direct Deposit
Gain access to all your incredible account features when you have qualifying direct deposit.Enroll Now
Use the ACE Flare Mobile App7
Download the ACE Flare Mobile App7 to manage your money on the go.Download
ACE Cash Express Near You
With more than 950 locations across the country, there's sure to be an ACE near you. Visit one of our friendly associates for help adding money to your Account, cashing checks, and more.
Find us on social media
Get in Touch
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A NEW DEPOSIT ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open an Account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, and government ID number. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other documents at any time. All Accounts are opened subject to our ability to verify your identity by requiring acceptable types of identification. We may validate the information you provide to us to ensure we have a reasonable belief of your identity. If we are not able to verify your identity to our satisfaction, we will not open your Account or we may close the Account if it was previously funded. Your Account is subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice.
2. Faster funding claim is based on a comparison of MetaBank's policy of making funds available upon receipt of payment instruction versus the typical banking practice of posting funds at settlement. Fraud prevention restrictions may delay availability of funds with or without notice. Early availability of funds requires payor’s support of direct deposit and is subject to the timing of payor’s payment instruction.
3. Make up to $400 in fee-free cash withdrawals per day from your ACE Flare Account by MetaBank by using your debit card at participating ACE Cash Express locations. $400 total is calculated based on all withdrawals performed at all ACE Cash Express locations visited in a day. A direct deposit (no dollar minimum) made to the account within the immediately preceding 35 days is required. See store for details. Offer subject to change.
4. The optional Savings Account linked to your Flare Account is made available to Accountholders through MetaBank, Member FDIC. To open a Savings Account, consent to receive communications from us in electronic form is required. Interest is calculated on the Average Daily Balance(s) of the Savings Account and is paid quarterly.
• If the Average Daily Balance is $2,000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 5.87% with an annual percentage yield (APY) of 6.00%.
• If the Average Daily Balance is more than $2,000.00, the interest rate paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which exceeds $2,000.00 will be 0.49% with an APY of 0.50%, and the interest paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which is $2,000.00 or less will be 5.87%. The APY for this tier will range from 6.00% to 0.60%, depending on the balance in the account.
The interest rates and APYs of each tier may change. The APYs were accurate as of 1/1/2020. No minimum balance is required to open Savings Account or obtain the yield(s). However, you must receive direct deposit(s) totaling at least $500 within one (1) calendar month to be eligible to open a Savings Account. Savings Account funds are withdrawn through the Flare Account (maximum 6 such transfers per calendar month) and transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Savings Account. Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured through MetaBank, Member FDIC. For purposes of FDIC coverage limit, all funds held on deposit by the accountholder at MetaBank will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
5. The Debit Card Overdraft Service is an optional service made available to eligible Flare Account customers by MetaBank. Once you enroll and meet the eligibility requirements, you will be charged $20.00 for each transaction that overdraws your account by more than $10.00, up to a maximum of five (5) fees per calendar month. To avoid that fee, you have twenty-four (24) hours from the time of the first transaction that creates the overdraft to bring your Account back to a zero ($0.00) or a positive balance. Transactions subject to an overdraft fee are signature and PIN purchase transactions and ATM transactions. ACH Debit transactions are not eligible for coverage. Any negative balance must be repaid within thirty (30) days. Whether we authorize an overdraft is discretionary, and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically will not pay overdrafts if you fail to meet the eligibility requirements for this service or you attempt too many transactions or transactions that create too large of an overdraft. Call us at 866-753-6355 or log in to your Online Account Center for additional terms and conditions that apply, including initial and ongoing eligibility requirements for the service. This service is expensive, so we encourage you to research alternatives before enrolling. Once enrolled, you may opt-out at any time; however, you are responsible to repay any overdrawn amounts on your account even if you opt-out of the service.
6. Custom Card Fee applies. Fee will be assessed to your Account and the debit card will be mailed to you. If creating a custom card in the online account center, pictures must meet the image guidelines. If a custom card is lost, stolen, or damaged, you may: (a) reorder a custom card online; (b) recreate a custom card online; or (c) pay the Replacement Card Fee and a standard debit card will be sent. See online account center for custom card FAQs and the Deposit Account Agreement for more details.
7. No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
8. Payback Rewards is an optional program. You may opt-out at any time by visiting the Payback Rewards page in your Online Account Center. Reward offers are based on individual shopping habits. Cash back rewards are credited to your Account and are not available in the form of a check or other direct payment method. See the program FAQs and Terms and Conditions in your Online Account Center for additional details about how and when you get rewarded. Program sponsor: Netspend Corporation. MetaBank is not affiliated in any way with this program and does not endorse or sponsor this program.
9. No Account-to-Account Transfer Fee when completed online. A $4.95 Account-to-Account Transfer Fee applies via a Customer Service Agent. Other transaction fees, costs and terms and conditions may apply. Use of card is also subject to funds availability. See Cardholder Agreement for details.
10. Faster access claim is based on comparison of a disbursement via direct deposit vs. disbursement via a mailed paper check. For up-to-date information from the IRS, www,irs.gov/refunds.
11. ACE Cash Express and Netspend donate a percentage of every purchase transaction made with the Pink ACE Flare Account by MetaBank Visa Debit Card or Pink ACE Elite Visa Prepaid Debit Card (up to $350,000 per year) to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization.
13. In order to lower your Monthly Fee from $9.95 to $5.00, you must receive direct deposit(s) totaling at least $500.00 to your Account during one (1) calendar month. Upon qualifying, your Monthly Fee will be automatically lowered.
14. The $10 Purchase Cushion is not an extension of credit; it is a courtesy exercised at our discretion. Approved purchase transactions may create up to a $10.00 negative balance on your Card Account. Cardholder is responsible for repayment of any negative balance. See the Cardholder Agreement for details.
The ACE Flare Account is established by MetaBank, Member FDIC. Netspend, a Global Payments Company, is a service provider to MetaBank. Netspend, a Global Payments Company, is an authorized Independent Sales Organization of MetaBank. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787.
© 2020 Global Payments Company. All rights reserved worldwide. Global Payments Company and Netspend are federally registered U.S. service marks of Global Payments Company. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their owners.
P.O. Box 2136, Austin, TX 78768