Benefits of Direct Deposit
There are so many benefits to choosing direct deposit for your paycheck or government benefits checks.
From your employer's HR department to your check cashing service, your paycheck may pass through many hands before you have your funds. With direct deposit, your funds are transferred directly to your Account.
No Paycheck Interruptions
Out sick or on vacation on payday? No worries. With direct deposit, you don't have to sign for your check — it's automatically deposited no matter where you are.
With qualifying direct deposit, you can set up automatic savings by having a portion of your direct deposit funds directed to your savings account.
Saves Time and Money
Skip the lines at the bank or at check cashing location to cash your check. With direct deposit, you can also skip the fees associated with cashing a check.
Why Use Direct Deposit with the Flare Account?
The Flare Account is all about making life a little more effortless. With qualifying direct deposit, you can access all of the Flare Account features. Some features like overdraft, require more than one qualifying direct deposit.
No-fee2 cash withdrawals up to $400 a day at participating ACE locations
Visit a participating ACE Cash Express location and withdraw from your account with no fees.
Get paid up to 2 days faster³ with direct deposit
With direct deposit, you know you'll receive your paycheck or government benefits on time. With direct deposit to your Flare Account, you could get paid up to 2 days faster!3
Optional Savings Account with up to 6.00% Annual Percentage Yield4
Open an optional high yield savings account to boost your savings. With direct deposit, you can even set up a portion of your check to automatically deposit into your savings account and grow with no extra work.
Optional Debit Card Overdraft Service5
You could be covered if you spend more than what's in your account, for a fee.
Have Questions about Direct Deposit?
Why should I use Direct Deposit with the Flare Account?
When you choose to direct deposit your paycheck or government benefits, you’ll receive access to many of the Flare Account’s best features! Your qualifying direct deposit activity gives you the ability to get paid up to 2 days faster3, take advantage of no-fee2 cash withdrawals up to $400 per day, open an Optional high yield Savings Account4, opt-in to Optional Debit Card Overdraft service5 and more.
What does qualifying direct deposit mean?
When you have direct deposit activity to your Account, you gain access to more of the Flare Account’s powerful features, including no-fee2 cash withdrawals up to $400 a day at participating ACE Cash Express locations. With a direct deposit of $500 or more, you can be eligible to open an optional Savings Account with up to 6.00% APY.4
How do I set up Direct Deposit for my Flare Account?
Grab your Routing Number and Account Number for your Flare Account in the Online Account Center or via text message with Anytime Alerts.6 Provide this information to your employer or benefits provider to enroll in direct deposit. You can use your Routing Number and Account Number to enroll in direct deposit on your tax refunds, too!
When will my direct deposit begin?
Once you have given your account information to your payor, it may take up to two payment cycles for direct deposit to start. Please check with your payor to find out the specific timing of your payments. Please ensure your Flare Account is activated and in good standing, and the deposit is in the name of the accountholder.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A NEW DEPOSIT ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open an Account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, and government ID number. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver’s license or other documents at any time. All Accounts are opened subject to our ability to verify your identity by requiring acceptable types of identification. We may validate the information you provide to us to ensure we have a reasonable belief of your identity. If we are not able to verify your identity to our satisfaction, we will not open your Account or we may close the Account if it was previously funded. Your Account is subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice.
2. Make up to $400 in fee-free cash withdrawals per day from your ACE Flare Account by MetaBank by using your debit card at participating ACE Cash Express locations. $400 total is calculated based on all withdrawals performed at all ACE Cash Express locations visited in a day. A direct deposit (no dollar minimum) made to the account within the immediately preceding 35 days is required. See store for details. Offer subject to change.
3. Faster funding claim is based on a comparison of MetaBank's policy of making funds available upon receipt of payment instruction versus the typical banking practice of posting funds at settlement. Fraud prevention restrictions may delay availability of funds with or without notice. Early availability of funds requires payor’s support of direct deposit and is subject to the timing of payor’s payment instruction.
4. The optional Savings Account linked to your Flare Account is made available to Accountholders through MetaBank, Member FDIC. To open a Savings Account, consent to receive communications from us in electronic form is required. Interest is calculated on the Average Daily Balance(s) of the Savings Account and is paid quarterly.
• If the Average Daily Balance is $2,000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 5.87% with an annual percentage yield (APY) of 6.00%.
• If the Average Daily Balance is more than $2,000.00, the interest rate paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which exceeds $2,000.00 will be 0.49% with an APY of 0.50%, and the interest paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which is $2,000.00 or less will be 5.87%. The APY for this tier will range from 6.00% to 0.60%, depending on the balance in the account.
The interest rates and APYs of each tier may change. The APYs were accurate as of 1/1/2020. No minimum balance is required to open Savings Account or obtain the yield(s). However, you must receive direct deposit(s) totaling at least $500 within one (1) calendar month to be eligible to open a Savings Account. Savings Account funds are withdrawn through the Flare Account (maximum 6 such transfers per calendar month) and transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Savings Account. Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured through MetaBank, Member FDIC. For purposes of FDIC coverage limit, all funds held on deposit by the accountholder at MetaBank will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
5. The Debit Card Overdraft Service is an optional service made available to eligible Flare Account customers by MetaBank. Once you enroll and meet the eligibility requirements, you will be charged $20.00 for each transaction that overdraws your account by more than $10.00, up to a maximum of five (5) fees per calendar month. To avoid that fee, you have twenty-four (24) hours from the time of the first transaction that creates the overdraft to bring your Account back to a zero ($0.00) or a positive balance. Transactions subject to an overdraft fee are signature and PIN purchase transactions and ATM transactions. ACH Debit transactions are not eligible for coverage. Any negative balance must be repaid within thirty (30) days. Whether we authorize an overdraft is discretionary, and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically will not pay overdrafts if you fail to meet the eligibility requirements for this service or you attempt too many transactions or transactions that create too large of an overdraft. Call us at 866-753-6355 or log in to your Online Account Center for additional terms and conditions that apply, including initial and ongoing eligibility requirements for the service. This service is expensive, so we encourage you to research alternatives before enrolling. Once enrolled, you may opt-out at any time; however, you are responsible to repay any overdrawn amounts on your account even if you opt-out of the service.
6. No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
The ACE Flare Account is established by MetaBank, Member FDIC. Netspend, a Global Payments Company, is a service provider to MetaBank. Netspend, a Global Payments Company, is an authorized Independent Sales Organization of MetaBank. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787.
© 2020 Global Payments Company. All rights reserved worldwide. Global Payments Company and Netspend are federally registered U.S. service marks of Global Payments Company. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their owners.